Sunday, December 14, 2008



About Me

Hello, my name is Erica Robinson. I am currently a sophomore at Wayne State University. When I first attended Wayne State University, I decided to major in biology and go to medical school to pursue my career as a pediatrician. Unfortunately, I had a change of heart and decided to change my major to nursing. I want to become a pediatric nurse. The careers I haven chosen to pursue is careers that have something to do with kids. The reason my career deal with children is because I love to work with them. Working with children is something I have a passion for. This is something that I must strive to accomplish.
I have graduated from Mackenzie High School. At Mackenzie High I was always an honor student. I felt that I had to be an honor student because I knew how important education is. I knew that in order to get accepted to any colleges, they were gone be looking for the top students. This is why I strived for excellence. I have been accepted to 25 or more colleges. I gradated from high school with a 3.6 grade point average.
The transition from high school to college was not that hard for me. I just had to stay focus and become more independent because I knew no one was going to be there to tell me what I need to do. I feel that it was a little challenging because the work load at college was heavier. I had to make time to do the work for each class and on top of that I had a job to. However, I have managed to get it done. It just seem like college is more challenging than I thought. It don’t seem as is I am doing the best as I can because in high school my grades were better. However, I am constantly working harder at my work because I know what I am capable of. . I am an intelligent young lady who works hard at everything I do. I complete any task to its fullest. I am a well-rounded person who is smart, honest, responsible, outgoing,and all the above. I am a determined person who strives for nothing but excellence. I am a person who wants to be successful, who wants something out of life, and I won't stop until I accomplish this goal. I understand how hard it is for us citizens today, because my mother who is a single parent struggles to take care of her children everyday including me. This is why I am a dtermined person because my mom and many others motivate me to work hard and become somebody, so I won't have to struggle like they did. As I said before I a determined person who is determined to make a difference and determined to be the best. Therefore, I am gone get accepted to nursing school and become a nurse.
Before taking English 1020, i didn’t really want to take this class. It was required. I didn’t like english that much. If it was not required, I would not have taken this class. However, I’m glad that it was required because it helped me become a better writer. When I wrote my first paper my grade was a C, however every other paper I wrote after that my grade have gotten better. This was a good thing for me and I was surprised most of the time because I knew my writing was not that good. This indicates that my writing skills have improved. I feel this way because we have learned so many different writing techniques.

No comments: